ITS WHATS INSIDE that matters
LOVED this ad. Enjoy!! Great visuals. Great meaning. Great, upbeat song.
I thought this ad was a great, upbeat way to illustrate the whole idea of “It’s what’s inside that truly matters.”
My sweet daughter is at that age (16) where she is starting to connect, date, get to know…She has had great conversations with many people she works with, strangers who have connected, guys at school, clubs, etc. She is beginning to notice the looks, the awkward moments, the cute guys who hide out on their phones or the even cuter guy who is really adorable because of his fun personality.
I have had conversations with her about getting to know people on deeper levels because that is where the true riches are…what’s inside. When you can just enjoy someone there is a whole new level of connection. It truly is what is inside that can surprise; that can charm; that can inspire; that can challenge; that changes things.
Here are a variety of ways to connect on a deeper level and find the treasures within.
- Make eye contact
- Really connect through quality time (stay or limit your phone use)
- Actively listen–really hear what the other person is saying. Don’t just listen to them speak, really hear what they are saying. Listen from your heart not your head.
- Practice doing things for another person. Make someone laugh, do nice things for strangers, make a nourishing meal, just send out loving gestures of kindness and love. People genuinely remember how you made them feel.
- Be present. Listen, ask questions, don’t get distracted and notice how you are interacting with others. When you give your full attention & are present with them, they will notice & your connection will be deeper.
- Be YOU. Don’t just put on a face or pretend you are something you are not. People will appreciate your vulnerability and your authentic way you live. Share, provide safety and care for those you genuinely care about.
Ways to Have fun with someone!!
- Do art together–Get a large piece of paper and just start creating with words, doodles, paints, anything. What is coming together??
- Tell each other your favorite songs, turn them on & start singing.
- Create a joke together–what would it be about? Would it be a pun?
- Make a meal or dessert from scratch together.
- Take a class together
- Do an escape room to see how someone handles pressure
- Play a game–board game, trivia, would you rather, etc
- Take a walk and just talk–research says walking helps people open up
- Check out a bookstore or library to find books or topics you both enjoy
- Try something you both have never done–a new flavor ice cream, an activity like rock climbing or find a fun store neither of you have been before.
- Do something outside–horseback riding, bike ride, hike, snowshoeing, etc
- Visit a garden
- Go to the zoo or aquarium
- Take a mini road trip
- Volunteer for a cause together
- Find something unique to your town–old cavern, famous wishing well, haunted house, old mine, special restaurant that was highlighted, etc.
- Rent some bikes or scooters & do a fun scavenger hunt around town
- Go to an interesting museum & walk and talk about the various exhibits
- Go bowling & make it interesting by checking out these ideas https://www.usports.com.sg/news/7-fun-game-ideas-at-the-bowling-alley/
- Just BE yourself. Ask lots of questions & enjoy getting to know someone.
It truly is what is inside that matters. Whether this is on a personal level or on another level of getting to know someone on a deeper, more intimate level. Everyone becomes better, more beautiful when the sparkle shines from within. The surprises inside are always worth the wait.
-Peace and Love to you today!! H